1. How long have you been in business?
We have been in business since 2007. My daughter, Sadye established this business at the age of 12 years old as a neighborhood dog walker. She truly has always had a passion for pets of all kinds. She has since graduated from WCU, moved to Montana for a year to do an internship on a horse farm. She recently moved back to the NC area and is now living in Clayton.
2. Are you licensed, bonded and insured and can you provide proof?
Yes, and this is such an important question to ask those pet professionals you are interviewing.
3. Do you have a contract/service agreement for your clients?
Yes we certainly do and you can view our contract on our website.
4. Could you provide me with pet references that I can call?
We sure can. You can also read our testimonials as well as check out our FB page and read all our stellar reviews.
5. Are you a member of a pet sitting industry organization?
Yes we are. Pet Sitters Associates.
6. Are you comfortable administering medication/insulin shots?
Yes, we have numerous clients who require medication and also that we have to administer insulin shots.
7. How will you handle my keys and personal information?
We have two options on how to handle your house keys. We can keep your keys are kept in a secure lock box in our office or we can sell you a lock box. Our lock boxes are $17 and this is the preferred method as you can maintain control of your house key. Your house keys are not shared with any other person other than the pet sitter providing your care. Your personal information is also kept private and only the sitter(while providing the care) as well as myself have access to your information.
8. What is included in each visit?
Great question! We offer a variety of services that are tailored to each clients needs. You will receive a 45 minute visit, walks, feeding/fresh water, litter scooped, plants watered, mail brought in, trash taken to the curb, a daily update with pictures. Lastly, a loving and compassionate environment from your trusted pet sitter.
9. What happens if an emergency arises with my pet(s)?
You will be contacted immediately. If you cannot be reached we will reach out to your emergency contact. If nobody can be reached the sitter will take your pet to the vet we have on file for you. Your pets care is our priority.
10. Do you require a meet and greet?
Yes as we never want to walk into your home without first meeting your pet(s).
11. What forms of payment do you take?
We accept Venmo